Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Devil Style Cajun Bayou


Devil Style Cajun Bayou
by Sara Mumolo

Down in the country
how far did your river go
why must these days move so slow
Dropsy, Id make your tank big enuff' for two

I'd jump in paddlin' through our enclosed creek
In the summertime, Dropsy, I'd set you free
Oh, dear Jack Morgan would never forgive me
cause, dropsy you're a sunrise off the southern pine

Everything about you is oh so fine
while your swimmin' free we can tear bacon with our teeth
a lil' lovin' and some suds down in the country
Dropsy, at least I'd make your tank big enuff' for two

I'll take away your upside down swimmin' frowns
Just pick me up on your way back down
we'll get your woman back, give her bastard a good ol' smack
cause dropsy that's how we do it, down here in the country

And now your darling goldie of blue star dancehalls
swims the pints of low bars & barnyard discos,
that poor sweet scaly Texas rose
Dropsy, I'd make your tank big enuff' for two

You may be Jack's pride and joy
but fishy babe, that cowboy 'ill find another toy
Dropsy, come back down to where you belong
& we'll shot down stars all night long

Dropsy way here in bayou & down in the gulf
things are getting' harder, things are getting rough
times broke on the farm, thinking of you the star of country down
oh' fishy babe, I'd at least make your tank big enuff' for two

No comments: